Graf Lantz is an unconventional lifestyle bag and home accessories brand creating classic styles in merino wool felt and quality leather hides. All items are made in our Los Angeles studio and factory based in Silver Lake. Good design and strong, sincere values are the core of our progressive fair wage workplace.
Production Manager Leather Goods Manufacturing/ 5 years experience minimum
Graf Lantz is an unconventional lifestyle bag and home accessories brand creating classic styles in merino wool felt and quality leather hides. All items are made in our Los Angeles studio and factory based in Silver Lake. Good design and strong, sincere values are the core of our progressive fair wage workplace.Steeped in traditional Japanese and German aesthetics, blended with SoCal design elements, Graf Lantz produces an approachable, functional collection crafted from the highest quality materials and honest production practices.
Graf Lantz is looking for an experienced production manager to be in charge of our in house production. The right candidate will have a lot of freedom to make this successful and rewarding.
Costing and production planning
- Work with pattern maker to establish material usage and production time per Sku
- Calculate cost based on materials and time needed for production
- Enter BOM’s in production system
- Plan production based on orders and demand forecast
- Establish production calendar and ensure production cost, targets and timelines are met
- Ordering of raw materials
- In charge of all material inventory, ensure materials are available in time according to production calendar
- Oversee all in house manufacturing processes
- Coordinate and lead weekly production meetings with factory and integral staff
- Hire and develop people
- Provide strong leadership, management and training to the Production team members.
- Set individual and team goals
- Continuously work with floor manager and directly with workers to optimize production procedures
- Optimize production capacity (staff, machines, etc), make recommendations and execute.
- Constantly evaluate and when necessary, re-align team to ensure that the team workload is balanced and is working at a high-capacity.
- Build, implement and drive production standard manual and vendor quality guidelines. Work with floor manager to build metrics to monitor improvement.
- Identify improvement opportunities in the production process. Collaborate with Tech, Buying, Design, and Production team to ensure that processes are in line with cross-functional teamwork flows & company initiatives.
- Develop & scaling out company time and action calendars for production. Lead and drive team to successfully meet all calendar milestones; assist in troubleshooting daily Production issues with team members as they arise.
- Make sure all manufacturing processes are complying with current labor and safety standards
- Ensure that material usage is meeting BOM goals
- Receive final product into inventory including final costing based on material usage and production time.
- Check the final production time and compare to estimate. Analyze any discrepancies
- Lead weekly Production meetings, communicating all production and delivery updates to managers and and sales team.
- KPI reporting on production cost, production output etc.
- Oversee all quality control
Private label manufacturing
- Oversee pattern making services for 3rd party clients
- Work with clients to finalize design
- Communicate design requirements to patternaker
- Manage and schedule patternmaking for in house and 3rd party patterns.
- Manage private label production including client communication
Out of house production
- Manage outsourcing and production for all out of house manufacturing
- Communicate with vendors
- Ensure all materials are available.
- Oversee timely production
- Minimum 3 years experience in overseeing handbag manufacturing
- Excellent sewing skills
- Expert in working with leather and canvas
- Pattern making skills preferred
- Experience in Excel and Word
- Experience in Fishbowl or Apparel Magic a plus
- Ability to cost production based on pattern and sampling
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Understanding of cost/quality and time constraints in regards to manufacturing
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizational skills
- Training in time and action calendar processes a plus
- Ability to lead a department and manage employees
- Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus
This job offers excellent growth opportunities. If you would like to be part of our team, please submit your resume for employment consideration.
Social Media Manager
LA-based startup is seeking self-sufficient social media manager and content creator. Graf Lantz is looking for a pro-active, detail-oriented, and experienced Social Media Manager. Experience in the fashion and home market desired.
•Post content to all channels per defined schedule
• Engage with customers and respond to all inquiries
•Create engaging, attention-grabbing content in the form of photos and videos for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
•Manage multiple deliverables and deadlines efficiently
•Use best practice methods to increase our following, customer base, and online presence
• Find and engage with relevant influences to promote our brand through gifting programs in collaboration with our PR agency
•Follow brand style guide, storytelling, and social media aesthetics
•Work closely with marketing calendar
•Provide weekly reports and strategies for future content and campaigns
Job Types: Freelancer / Contract
Please email links to current or past social media accounts you worked with as well as relevant portfolio to [email protected] with subject title Social Media Manager.
Thank you for your interest in working with us! Don’t see a job that fits you? Please email us your resumé / portfolio and tell us a little bit about yourself in case something opens up in the future.